Monday, May 9, 2011

Classic Pencil



Top: Lauren Conrad (Khols)
Skirt: Classic Pencil Skirt (it's really really old from my college years!)
Shoes: Bakers Melina Pumps
Bag: Classic Chanel Jumbo
Ring: Right Hand Bejeweled Ring (Vintage)

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers of the world! I hope you all had a relaxing (that's a relative term I know that...) day! Last year on Mother's Day I actually had a to do list! What was wrong with me?!??! This year I had nothing but eat and sleep! That I did!

This outfit was my version of classy chic. You can never go wrong with a pencil skirt that goes JUST past your knees. The keyword is PAST the knees. The point is to create the illusion that your legs are a mile long, so hiding the knees are essential. I prefer a nude/flesh colored top for this outfit vs white b/c it is less harsh than pure white. You want the attention to be focused on the "slim" part of the pencil skirt. Black super high pumps are a must of course! Mine are 5 1/8 inch heels but any heels is better than flats for this look. I purposely kept the jewelry/accessories to a minimum so it does not distract from the clean look of this outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment