Thursday, May 5, 2011

Casual Vera Wang


Pants: Gap Slim Crop (My absolute favorite!)
Belt: H&M
Shoes: Jessica Simpson Pumps
Bag: Louis Vuitton Palermo PM
Flower (in my hair): H&M 

One of the best things is when the most luxurious brands and top designers start a more affordable line at department stores.  Vera Wang's Simply Vera is one of my newest favorites!  Now it's not H&M prices, but once you see it in person you see that it is worth the slightly higher prices.  The styles are feminine, classy, elegant and yet still casual enough for everyday.  I feel very put together in her pieces without looking like I'm trying to be on the runways.  This cardigan is actually more gray in person than the picture shows, and it's great because it goes with any color blouse you have underneath.  Versatility is a must!  I grabbed this teal blouse and threw on the cardigan and the THIN belt (thin is the keyword here ladies...) polished the outfit!  Without the belt, I would look sloppy and lost in all the layers.  I love ruffled blouses because it creates a more sophisticated look so I don't necessarily HAVE to wear a necklace.   As much as it would be nice to accessorize, having my son constantly tugging on my necklaces was getting a little old and uncomfortable.  Add a little ruffle to your shirts and voila!  
I cannot tell you how much I'm obsessed with my Gap Slim Crop pants.  They not only fit like a glove with the perfect Audrey Hepburn-esque cut...it is seriously like wearing pajamas! It's soft, moves with your body and all of you should get a pair!  

Lastly, a note about the pig tails.  It's my secret to a bad hair day...or in my case, that's almost everyday b/c I have no time to style it.  Pig tails instantly give you that youthful look and it literally takes 5 seconds.  The key is to make sure they do NOT look perfect.  Loosely tie the hair on each side and leave it as is!  Don't try to fix the loose strands and pin back the fly aways.  The "mess" is  what makes it so natural.   I always put a flower in my hair to counter balance that messy look. It surprisingly looks like I spent a lot more time on  my hair.   Why not save yourself 15 minutes next time and hang out in your pig tails!

2 comments:

  1. I love that blue blouse, it's gorgeous?? Where did u find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Skipperg84! Thanx for following my blog! It's by Vera Wang from her Simply Vera Collection at Khols! Love her stuff!

    ReplyDelete